I’m joined today by the amazing Kat Armstrong. Kat has been emboldening women to be all-in for Jesus for twenty years as a speaker, Bible teacher, author, and podcast host. She is the author of No More Holding Back and The In-Between Place.
As co-founder of The Polished Network, a nonprofit connecting and gathering working women to navigate career and explore faith, her mission is to create holy curiosity. Kat holds a master of christian education from Dallas Theological Seminary. She and her husband, Aaron, have been married for eighteen years, and live in Dallas, Texas, with their son, Caleb. They attend Dallas Bible Church, where Aaron serves as the lead pastor.
We talk about:
- How shame holds us back from seeing our true worth
- Kat shares a personal story about shame in her life
- Why women are vulnerable to feeling shame
- Practical, tangible ways to let go of shame
- Shame doesn’t lead to health, God doesn’t want you to feel shame. Instead of shame practice holy curiosity.
- Shame means that we believe we deserve bad things in life.
- Jesus wants you to live an abundant life, shame doesn’t lead to abundance or health.
Practical ways to let go of shame:
- Name the Zone – be honest with yourself
- Imagine God coming into the do not enter zone.
- Process what is truth about this zone
- Imagine leaving the do not enter zone
- Share this with a trusted friend
- Subscribe to Kat’s bi-monthly newsletter here.
- Pre-order The In-Between Place book here.
- Follow Kat on Instagram here.
- Follow Kat on Facebook page
- Learn more about The Polished Network here.
Hope you loved this episode! Be sure to subscribe in iTunes and slap some stars on a review! 🙂
Have a great week!