If you’ve ever wondered why you have emotions and how to process emotions in a healthy way, this episode is for you!
In today’s episode, I sit down with Dr. James Merritt to talk about how to deal with how you feel. This episode is for you if you are struggling with identifying your emotions. We talk about identifying our emotions, biblical wisdom, and everyday reality. We also discuss how so much emotion exists in our society with road rage, political division, culture, or morality and how his book, How to Deal with How You Feel, is so relevant today.
James Merritt, Ph.D., is a bestselling author, Bible teacher, and host of the Touching Lives television program that broadcasts hope and encouragement nationwide and in 122 countries. He is the senior pastor of Cross Pointe Church in the north metro Atlanta has been married to his wife, Teresa, for nearly 40 years.
Listen in to learn more about:
- Dr. Merritt shares about his own mental health journey
- Emotions are a part of our being, and emotions are good things.
- Jesus battled his own emotions, including depression and discouragement.
- Questions to ask yourself when you are going through different emotions
- Dr. Merritt shares his thoughts on why mental health is still a taboo topic in the Church
Connect with Dr. James Merritt
Connect with Melissa
Website – www.melisaaclarkcounseling.com